Aug 28, 2011

H is for...







...H is for hello. I am Kinga, a full time graphic designer, part time photographer and some-of-the-time artist. I have a deep appreciation for chalkboard paint and spend most of my time in my studio. I love mid-century-modern furniture, great photography, fabulous food and my purse is always big enough to fit a sketchbook. 

I love anything hand made. This love comes from growing up in a house where people worked with their hands and creativity was strongly encouraged. My dad does carvings and makes beautiful objects out of wood. When I was twelve he commissioned me to draw a picture on the door of a cabinet he was making, so he could carve it, and it turned out beautiful. It’s a work of collaborative art and my most favorite commission to date. My mom sews. Amazingly well. I can only hope to someday have one-tenth of the knowledge and experience she has in sewing and pattern making. It’s awe inspiring what she can do with a needle and thread and the sound of a sewing machine always reminds me of home. 
My husband is a meticulous (obsessive compulsive) carpenter, and aspiring silk-screener who alphabetizes his DVD collection. When he was a kid his mom paid him to wear socks to school. Twenty-five cents for each day of the school-week, which he then traded in for a loonie (one dollar coin) at the end of the week. Do the math...It has made him the hardened business man he is today, and he always counts his money...twice. 
All joking aside, he also comes from a long line of master crafters and it's amazing for both of us to be always surrounded by such creative people. 
Suite 404 is where we live. It’s our first home. It is small and cozy filled with all the things  we love. It is the place where we began our journey in making our collective dreams come true so I knew it had to be the name of this little business adventure. 


So...Welcome. Here you’ll find letter-pressed stationery, silk-screened prints for your home (like the hummingbird prints above) and soft goods like pillows (also above) and tea towels. You will also find our two year old Boston Terrier, Molly, who will try to steal kisses. She is our resident snuggle-buddy and will be yours too if you promise to keep her warm. 
The suite 404 shop will officially launch in a few short weeks, but I will keep updating this blog regularly as things develop so make sure to check in from time to time. 

Thanks for stopping by and leave your kind comments too, I love hearing from people.


Photos by: Kinga Subject

6 comments:

the niffer said...

You are so talented. I can't wait to design Pearl's big-girl room (in about a year) with Suite 404 awesomeness. We need to chat. ;)

Daniella said...

This is exciting Kinga! I'll be following along...

Kinga said...

Thanks Jen...we will definitely chat. xoxo!

Kinga said...

Thank you Daniella...I'm pretty excited...

Cara said...

Kinga, the little work that you have posted thus far is just a small glimpse at what a talented artist you are! You truly have a knack for finding the little things in life and amplifying them in a new and beautiful light! I look forward to seeing more of your creativity and being a supporter along the way!
Cara.

Kinga said...

Thanks Cara! Your support really means so much to me...
xo, Kinga

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...