Aug 31, 2011

Summer Light...







































I love this time of year. Everything about it is wonderful. The days are still filled with sunshine but the nights are cooler and you can feel autumn just around corner. For me, the transitions of the seasons always feel so full of possibility. I especially love the way that light changes toward the end of summer. It shines through our massive windows at just the right angles. 
On my way to work I drive past a forest on a small section of road and a little while back I noticed the way that light was shining through the trees onto a patch of tall wild grass. It was making the grass and your regular ol' ugly weeds and thistle glow around the edges. It was beautiful and every morning for about a week I would curse myself for not having my camera. Then, just the other morning I had the camera, and surprise surprise, no light. The sun rises a little later now and sets a little earlier and that side of the road was still in complete shade. I had missed my photo-op but that didn’t stop me from going out to snap the photos above at sunset. And I’m glad I did; it was therapeutic to say the least! 
Hope you're having a light filled Wednesday!
Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

3 comments:

the niffer said...

Well, I wasn't before, but I am now! lol Thank you for that.

Daniella said...

Wow, these are great Kinga! Beautiful!!!

Danielle said...

The light is stunning!! I think the lens flare looks like sunshine!! Well done :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...