Sep 19, 2011

Adventures in baking...3































...Free Form Blueberry Pie. A little while ago we had the pleasure of enjoying some blueberry picking with our adorable nieces. It was a rainy kind of morning and we had alot of fun but I actually didn't pick any of these berries myself because a) that's what husbands are for and b) I had a camera in my hands the whole time.

I will however take credit for the pie! That was all me with the help of a good recipe from a book called Desserts, which was written by Jane Price for Murdoch Books.

Because I'm new to baking I have clearly never made pie so like the biscotti last week, this recipe was daunting. I actually had no reason to be nervous though, it came together quite easily and was really delicious.
The only thing I was unsure of was the crust. It turned a nice golden brown everywhere except on the bottom, under the filling, it stayed quite moist. I was worried that I didn't bake it long enough even though I had it in for ten minutes longer than the suggested time in the book. Should the crust on the bottom have been crispy?

Anyway, it made our place smell amazing and I photographed it almost immediately out of the oven ...then I went and shared the rest with our neighbours. It got decent reviews, but I'm skeptical about that crust! I'm going to have to try it again...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

1 comment:

Cara said...

Hi Kinga - believe it or not, the crust was our favourite part and we would have never known that you had cooked it longer than suggested; a good judgement call on your part. Your pie was very much enjoyed to the very last bite Thanks again,
Cara.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...