Sep 12, 2011

Decorate...



Happy Monday everyone! I can't believe we are kicking off another week already, and to be honest I'm not quite ready. Where did that weekend go? 

Admittedly, I have had a tough couple of weeks and desperately needed some down time to just decompress and refocus my energies which have been in very short supply lately. So this weekend I took a time out to go to the movies with my hubby (Crazy Stupid Love was fantastic), we enjoyed dinner with good friends and yesterday we went blueberry picking with our adorable nieces (I will share photos from that later).

I also took some time to sit down with a good cup of tea and my cherished copy of Decorate for some well needed inspiration. This book has been all over the internet and the blogs, with good reason, and I could not refrain from taking part in the celebrations. It is a remarkable decorating book written by Holly Becker of the wildly successful decor8 blog and lifestyle writer Joanna Copestick

If you are like me and have piles and piles of decorating magazines that you hoard away desperately for rainy day inspiration, this book will speak to you! It is written like a magazine, with an easy going tone and every page is filled with stunning photographs by Debi Treloar, who is a hero of mine with her photography superpowers. At first I flipped through the book to look at all the photos and highlighted bits of text and then I started to read it slowly, patiently, page by page. It's a beautiful book that will inspire you to be creative, stay budget friendly and most importantly it will inspire you to stay true to yourself when decorating your home; but don't take my word for it....go check it out for yourself. You won't be sorry!

You can purchase the book here and here.
Photos by: me, Kinga Subject


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...