Sep 26, 2011

Fall Flavours...























Happy Monday! Hope you've all had a great weekend. I spent most of it working and had a really fun photo-shoot yesterday which you can see here...but I did take some time to sit down and enjoy a big helping of Laura Calder's Chickpea Soup.

I watch her show French Food at Home on the Food Network and saw her make this yummy soup and of course  it looked so good I had to try it for myself.
I really enjoy creamy soups especially as a starter or as a snack and the earthy flavours of this soup, much like its colour, are perfect for fall.
I've made it a few times now and have adapted the recipe to our tastes by putting in less thyme and more bay leaves (I use two or three)...and it's very important to put the soup through a strainer after you blend it to separate out the gritty bits of the chickpeas and make it nice and smooth.

This recipe is also in Laura Calder's book French Taste which is on my wish list...you know...in case my husband is reading this, after all, he benefits from it too...


2 comments:

Kate said...

I just found your blog via Design Sponge... your photos and your work are beautiful! I am excited to keep reading your blog : )

Kinga said...

Thanks Kate! I checked out your blog too and will be following along for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...