Sep 20, 2011

A is for...






























...Armadillo. That's right, quite possibly the goofiest looking creature on the planet. I'm sure there are many animals (that are cute) that start with the letter "A" but when I think of an "A" animal, armadillo always comes to mind. I can't escape it. The last time I was at the antique market, I saw a stuffed armadillo in one of the booths and I was creeped out because taxidermy is...well...creepy, but at the same time I was intrigued. It looked kind of cool and I felt bad for it, because it was stuffed, but also because the armadillo gets a bad rep for being ugly.

So, in my alphabet print collection the letter "A" is represented by this funny little creature and let's face it; armadillos need love too. I will be doing these prints in many colour combinations (hot pink armadillos would be fun) but I will also have the letter A represented by alpacas...in case your judgement on the armadillo is so harsh that you can't fathom hanging a picture of one on your wall. (Shame on you)
On the other hand, if you don't like the cute and furry alpaca I can't help you and wonder...what kind of person are you? Who doesn't like alpacas? They look like sheep with camel eyes and long necks and usually have one fabulous hairstyle...or many.

Hope you're having a good Tuesday!

Photos and art by: me, Kinga Subject

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...