Sep 6, 2011

Suite inspiration...

































Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend! It went by way too fast in my opinion and all I can say is that I'm glad today is not Monday. I spent my long weekend in the studio getting ready for the suite 404 shop launch, building up inventory and working out some minor issues. It was nice to be focused on only one thing for a few days, that rarely happens around here.

Anyway, I will be doing a suite inspiration post, like this one, from time to time to show what inspires some of the prints I create. Early last summer I took photos of these gorgeous poppies and I've been thinking about making some graphic prints using a deep rich purple and a really bright red ever since. I love this colour combination. It's dramatic and kind of unexpected and I cannot wait to apply the above designs (which will be available in the shop soon) to some pillows and maybe even tea towels.

Hope your week is off to a good start and thanks for stopping by!

Photos & Art by: me, Kinga Subject

1 comment:

Nicole said...

See, I didn't realize that poppies were such a pretty flower. Nicely captured!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...