Oct 5, 2011

Dramatic elegance...




On Saturday I was at the checkout in the grocery store and as I was waiting for the person in front of me to finish her transaction I spotted these stunning sunflowers. They are actually the normal kind just dyed "red" and I can't get enough of how dramatically beautiful they are. They remind me of rich velvet, and the colours are incredible together. That bright fiery orange next to all of the dark purple tones really appeals to me and I think these would be a nice addition to a fall table setting using deep purples, magentas and bright oranges on a black table cloth.

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

8 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, these photos are gorgeous! The lowers don't look dyed at all.

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Wow, stunning!

Btw, I came over from the BYW forum. I saw you're a graphic designer too, so I wanted to check out your blog. :-) It's really beautiful! I'm so jealous you can do letterpress and silk screen in your studio. That's something I've always wanted to try, but I don't know how to start.

Kinga said...

Kate - thanks so much! I had fun taking these.

Michelle - Thanks for dropping by! I absolutely love your jewelry....especially the Leaf Lariat Necklace and the long feathers! You will be getting an order from me soon!

As for my studio, I didn't really know what I was doing at first either...only that I really wanted to do it...and I have alot to learn yet! See you in "class"! So glad to have met you!

Daniella said...

These are gorgeous. I saw some over the weekend and thought of your post!

Kimberly said...

STUNNING!!!!

BlueBerry Ash said...

Crazy beautiful photos, rich stunning hues attracts the eyes, those flowers want to be painted.

Andrea Victoria said...

Stunning photos, Kinga! Not just this post, but all the rest. Wonderful job.

GudyHerder said...

Wow, those are real eye-catching pictures. Had never seen red sunflowers before. Love them.
Happy BYW time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...