Nov 28, 2011

Adventures in Baking {7}...Very Berry Macaroons









































Hello friends! I hope you've had a nice weekend and for all of our American friends who celebrated Thanksgiving; do your pants fit a bit tighter today? I really hope so, because that just means you made the best of it! I always overindulge on holidays...it's the proper thing to do! All joking aside, I hope you had a happy and safe holiday without any crazy black friday shenanigans...like pepper spray...seriously!

Yesterday I set out on another mission to finesse my macaroon skills...To be truthful, I picked out a bunch of baking recipes but in the end the macaroons won again because I haven't been able to stop obsessing over them. This time I went with a very berry theme and they turned out wonderful...most of them. The tart flavour of the berry filling paired with the sweet, melt-in-your-mouth goodness of the shells was the perfect combination. There are still a few steps in the process that I will be changing next time but over all I feel I have learned a few things...and the task was a bit less daunting. My hubby was taking his job as sampler very seriously and gave me two thumbs way up...so I must have done something right.

If you're interested in the recipe for these cuties I'd be glad to send it along (it is a lot of text and I don't want to list it here so I set it up as a pdf instead)...I improvised a little bit for the berry confiture but followed the recipe for the shells in a book called Macarons by BĂ©rengere Abraham, which I highly recommend.

Photos: by me, Kinga Subject

7 comments:

Daniella said...

Oh these looks so perfectly yummy! Great job Kinga... i'd love to have that recipe.

Tracey Fisher said...

So beautiful. Your photographs look good enough to eat. I love macarons - I didn't expect to like them when I first saw them but they are as good as they look. Well done - I know it is difficult - it is on my baking bucket list - I'm pinning this now :)

Kinga said...

Daniella - Thanks again!

Tracey - Thanks so much...and do try it, they are finicky but definitely worth it.

leah said...

Gorgeous styling Kinga! And the macaroons look divine x

Lauren said...

As always, gorgeous photos! You can practically taste those macaroons...YUM. My favorite is the berry filled cup. Stunning

Cathy said...

Who would think of pairing a strawberry, a reel of cotton and an old postcard - and make it look SO beautiful. I am in awe of your creativity and photography, never mind your macaroons! Wow!

Barbara said...

Found this through BYW :)
Your photos are gorgeous, I am really happy to find such a beautiful blog from a fellow graphic designer.
The red glass is just too cut :)

Momographica
http://momographica.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...