Nov 8, 2011

Frosty Mornings...{Pt.2}








These photos are my ode to sunrise. I've never captured the sun quite like this in photos before...probably because I have never been up early enough.

Have you seen City of Angels? You know the part of the film where the angels all gather on the beach facing the sunrise and there's heavenly choir music? Well that's what these pictures remind me of. I hear a choir of angels. Except my angels don't look like Nick Cage or that guy from NYPD Blue who goes skinny dipping and probably shouldn't...and I am not Meg Ryan because unlike her character I don't ride my bike hands free with my eyes shut (crazy)...and I also sleep just fine...too fine in fact...which is why I have never captured the sunrise in photos this way before...

If you want to see the scene I'm talking about you can watch it here.
Photos be: me, Kinga Subject

7 comments:

Daniella said...

Love these photos Kinga! And your other frost ones! The light is amazing. Reward for being up so early, lol. I'm so mad I didn't have my camera on me one frosty morning in St.Jacobs last week... i'll have to try again another day!

Kinga said...

Daniella - Thank you! I totally know the feeling of missed photo-op regret lol. Last winter there was a perfect day to take some glistening snow landscape shots on my way to work and of course I didn't have a camera...I'm still mad at myself about that haha. I'm really loving what you're doing with film. It's impressive!

leah of sang the bird said...

Kinga, these are so beautiful! Lovely capture!

BlueBerry Ash said...

Oooo, Kinga, those photos are just stunning! I miss crispy cold air and frost. Thank you for bringing wonderful memories back :)

Lauren said...

I've been away from the computer for a couple of days, and these were absolutely lovely to come back to! We're nowhere near frost time here in southern Virginia, but we had a beautiful fog this morning that I was sadly too busy to capture with my camera. Your photos take that sting away a little.

inspirationCOOPERATIVE said...

Kinga, These photos are beautiful. Also, I don't know why I didn't think to look before, but your photography site is stunning.
Cheers!
Theresa

Tori said...

These pictures are absolutely stunning! Very calming : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...