Nov 7, 2011

Frosty mornings...






























































































Frosty mornings are peaceful and quiet. They do not at all signal that winter is around the corner with its gifts of cruel nostril freezing temperatures and snowbanks the size of Everest, no they do not. On Sunday morning when I took these photos I was up at a hideous hour to drive my adorable husband (although at quarter to six in the a.m, he wasn't so adorable) and his friends to a nearby rally point. They were going to a football game.

When we got in the car the windshield was iced over which wasn't at all surprising because it is November, except that we didn't have our scraper in the car, which is also not very surprising, our general lack of preparedness for the upcoming season is routine actually, we do this every year. One morning in the depths of autumn we get in the car and we're astounded that there is frost on the windshield and then we blame each other for not having the necessary tool with which to remedy the situation. It usually takes a snow storm to get us to dig out the old scraper from storage and that usually happens at a quarter to six in the morning when we're already late for something. I drive the car most so I will take responsibility...you can pretty much leave it to me to not have a scraper but to have my camera.

This early morning photo session with nature was a really meditative experience though and I'm glad I braved the elements. The sun was just rising and the light changed quickly. It was quiet and cold and it cleared my mind and energized me for the day, which ultimately, or rather as a result, was a really productive one. It reinforced what I already know to be true...that being an early riser is good for the soul...I'm sure there's a book about it...it probably has 'chicken soup' in the title...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject,  {ps}...there are way more where these came from and I will share them soon...

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, your pictures are nicely done! Great capture of the first season's frostyness.

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Beautiful! You take the most amazing photos. I need to know your secrets. You should do a tutorial. :-)

Kinga said...

Catherine - Thanks so much. How is Montreal? I've heard you've had some snow already? Yikes...

Michelle - Thank you. I will share with you everything I know. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. Although, I'm not super technical, I just play alot and that really helps...especially when you are first learning manual controls.

Kate said...

These are so beautiful! I might have to get up early one morning and snap a few pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...