Nov 5, 2011

Picture postcards...









































































Hello friends...Today I am sharing with you some of the postcards that I have collected...I'm a total postcard nerd it seems and have a few that I absolutely love. I started playing around with them in photos recently, mostly as additional items in the backgrounds and realized how beautifully they photograph. I have a few really old ones...I think the oldest one is from 1906...and that just amazes me every time I look at it. I wonder about where it may have been purchased. What did the person who bought it look like? Where were they when they wrote their message? I particularly love collecting ones that were actually sent to someone and have that stunning cursive writing in black ink that could have only come from a fountain pen.

These shown in the photos above are blank ones that someone else collected and held on to for a long time. They were printed around 1907 I believe...or at least in the Golden Era of postcards which spanned from 1907 to 1915. They feature two images of art from Musée Du Luxembourg, Paris. The horse is by Rosa Bonheur  and is called Étude de Cheval and the other is by Henry Lerolle, called Dans la Campagne. 

I will share the rest with you as well over the coming weeks, including the messages that were written on them, and hope that you'll find them as interesting and quirky as I do. Or I might get messages from you about how much of a nerd you think I am...either way...I'm sending picture postcards your way...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

2 comments:

Lauren said...

love the dreamy quality of these photos...I'm sure the dreamy quality of the postcards helped add to the mood! Happy weekend! xo

Kate said...

These are so neat! What a cool collection! I love the quote you put on that photo : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...