Nov 29, 2011

Rain, away...




























A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
e.e. cummings 

I took these abstract-rain-on-my-window photos on Sunday after my macaron photo-shoot and felt the need to share them with you. This is what late fall looks like to me on a Sunday evening in November; a bit strange and dreamy like an e.e cummings poem.
The trees are all bare and the wind has blown all the leaves away and fall has passed for the most part...at least the pretty fall with the colourful leaves...and it's been replaced by that grey, rainy, windy in-between where raindrops travel sideways.

You may have noticed I talk about the weather from time to time and I feel the need to explain that it's not because I don't have much else to say...I see the world in terms of quality of light and the weather is always responsible for that, not to mention that as much I don't want it to affect my mood it almost always does and on rainy days like today all I want to do is sleep, or cosy up with a good book and some gingerbread spice tea.

Wishing you a happy, cosy Tuesday...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

8 comments:

Kate @ Sketch and Wash said...

These are AMAZING! I find myself talking about the weather a lot too- I think it's just because it affects my mood so much!

Kinga said...

Thanks Kate! Yeah I hope people aren't getting tired of my weather related posting LOL!

leah said...

Beautiful photos! How do you take a photo and not get any reflections from inside? Your photography is beautiful x

Lauren said...

Gorgeous photos. We had gray and rain all day yesterday. Somehow you managed to make the day look lit from within. Stunning. I am a total weather buff, so I love reading your weather posts.

Kinga said...

Leah - Thank you! When I took these photos it was dark inside and getting pretty dark outside. I had my shutter opened right up and used a pretty slow shutter speed...

Lauren - Thanks. I'm glad you're a weather buff...I'll keep posting the weather then ha!

Tracey Fisher said...

Beautiful images ... and yes it seems to be getting darker so early now. When the sun shines like today it is a whole other world.

inspirationCOOPERATIVE said...

Beautiful bokeh...;) If weather talk is accompanied by your always amazing photography, I say, keep it coming.

Hilary Inspired said...

Stunning photographs, Kinga!! I love this sort of abstraction of nature. I'm with Theresa of inspireationCOOPERATIVE, too - keep these gorgeous weather posts coming!

By the way, your comment just a moment ago made me smile so big!! I'm obsessed with lists also... the more the merrier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...