Dec 7, 2011

Celebrating the happy accident...























Hello and apologies for my absence! I took some well needed time away from the computer...for the most part. I had a super busy weekend which included this fun photo-shoot, a ton of photo editing and a Christmas party so keeping up with everything else was pretty near impossible...but it's good to unplug every once in a while right?

While I was editing some photos and searching for something else I stumbled upon this beauty (above) which I had completely forgotten about. I snapped this photo at my husband's aunt and uncle's place quite a while ago (they have three beautiful horses) and it was a total accident. It is way over exposed and not much editing was done to it besides removing a pesky fly but I'm completely in love with it. It looks peaceful and strangely abstract and I love all the white space. Thank goodness I didn't delete it when I realized how badly it was over-exposed because it will be perfect on a large canvas or in a frame on some fine-art paper!

So, today I am celebrating the "happy accident" and "finding things you didn't know you lost"...
Hope your Wednesday is going well!

Photo by: me, Kinga Subject

9 comments:

Daniella said...

Oh, so peaceful! What a great shot Kinga!

Amanda Keenan said...

Gorgeous!

Kinga said...

Thanks ladies! xoxo

Lauren said...

What a perfect, beautiful shot, Kinga! I'm so glad you kept it too. Have you see the book "The Passionate Photographer" by Steve Simon? I just gave my copy away as a gift tonight, but I'm getting another. Anyway, as I was glancing through, I came across something he wrote about this very thing. He said keep everything if you can. He referenced a photographer who, in 1996 was photographing a Bill Clinton fundraiser. When the Monika Lewinsky story broke, the photographer thought she looked familiar. After going through 5,000 files he found a photo he'd taken of Clinton greeting Lewinsky at the fundraiser. Made the cover of time and won all sorts of awards. Felt like a throw away when he took it! So great photo, and good for you!

Kinga said...

Lauren - Thanks for the sweet comment. I haven't heard of this book but I have put it on my wishlist. It has happened a few times that I come back to a photo that I originally considered a mistake and find a new beauty about it. I try to hang on to everything for the most part...although that's not always easy!

Tracey Fisher said...

I love it. That beautiful sepia colour of the horse is amazing.

inspirationCOOPERATIVE said...

I love the over exposure, it gives the photo a ethereal quality. I agree, this would make a beautiful print (offered in the shop ;).
PS~Beautiful newborn portrait session!

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Very cool. I love it! I hear you about the unplugging. I unfortunately usually can't unplug from my store on the weekends (but I refuse to make anything!), but I definitely take a break from blogging and looking at blogs. :-)

Nina said...

What a great happy accident. Love the photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...