Dec 30, 2011

A merry new year...


























I love getting Christmas cards but my track record of sending them over the past few years has been weak at best. I always want to send my own cards, ones that I have made myself, and this may sound like an excuse, but this past year was so busy that I just didn't get around to it. Boo hoo, sad story, I know! I could have at least sent purchased cards, right? Well I didn't and I feel bad about it...really, really bad...

Anyway, despite not having sent any (shame on us) we did still receive some beautiful ones from all over the place for which we are grateful...the above being a perfect example. It was made by my friend Amanda of Silverplate Press and it made me smile from ear to ear. She is a super talented designer, artist, blogger, photographer and print maker in Toronto and she inspires me with her big adventures in letterpress and with starting a live/work studio with her supportive hubby! You can read about her adventures on her personal blog and while you're over there check out her portfolio and photography too...I promise you will not be disappointed.

Beside the fact that it's handmade, I love that this card wishes a "merry New Year"...that it says "Hey, don't let the merriment span only a few days...but instead let it cover the whole year ahead". It's interesting that merely scrambling the words in an old phrase can give it such renewed meaning. I Love it!

So with that, I wish you all a Very Merry New Year...and Amanda (as well as all others who sent them), thanks for the beautiful card!

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

2 comments:

BlueBerry Ash said...

Merry New Year Kinga :), may all your dreams come true in 2012!

Amanda Keenan said...

Awwww Kinga that's so sweet of you! Such kind words! Thank you!!! Your photos of the card are great too! You know, it's funny when I was getting my polymer made for this, they called me up and were like;" isn't it supposed to be merry Christmas & a happy new year"?! Lol! Glad you liked it! :) have a merry new year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...