Dec 10, 2011

An ode to road trips...
















































For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. 
The great affair is to move. - Robert Louis Stevenson

These photos are my abstract ode to the road trip. I love travel in any form but by far my favourite mode of getting from one place to another is a good old fashioned drive. I love the possibility of the open road. I appreciate that I can witness the gradual change of scenery. I love driving but most often prefer to be a passenger. I love that all good road trips come with a great soundtrack...

On this fall day my husband drove while I took photos and in doing so I managed to thoroughly freak out our fellow motorists. For instance, we may have rolled up beside you and you may have wondered why a crazy woman was aiming her very conspicuous camera at you. You may have wondered if you were in a spy movie or an episode of Cheaters...but I assure you I was only interested in the fleeting landscape...I may have, however, snapped a photo of you picking your nose...

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend. I will be back on track this upcoming week with some fun posting...baking, postcards, some rants about a"defined style" and my very apparent lack of it as well as a revival of the very neglected chalkboard project...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject... and these photos appear as they were taken, no editing...

4 comments:

Kate @ Sketch and Wash said...

This is so cool! I've thought about doing this before, but I've never actually tried it... next time we road trip, the camera is riding in the passenger seat with me!

Lauren said...

Great photos, Kinga! I was on my own road trip this weekend, and my only regret about it that I was driving on my own and couldn't take pictures while driving!

Daniella said...

lol, that's hilarious... loe these pics, the abstract-ness is great!

Nina said...

Great photos! Love to just hold my camera out of the car window as well. I feel like it's time for a road trip again...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...