Jan 2, 2012

It is winter indeed...








































Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, 
for the touch of a friendly hand and for talk beside the fire: 
it is the time for home - Edith Sitwell

...I couldn't agree more. Winter is the time for home...as in staying home! This morning, during my early drive to work I realized that people forget how to drive in these conditions. There were a few maniacs on the road which made me a tad grumpy. On wintry days like today I definitely yearn for a simpler life; a place in the country, working from home and curling up near a crackling fire with hot chocolate and my pup (she is the best snuggle buddy in the world). I love winter...but don't misunderstand me when I say that...I mean I love the pretty country white blankets of snow kind of winter not the guy in the pickup-truck driving all of two inches behind me as I am stuck behind a snow-plow spewing salt and ice chunks kind of winter...big difference!

Hope you've had a great Monday.

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I envy you your winter. It's finally cold here today and brutally windy, but it should be warm again by the weekend. No snow. No hope of snow. I really want it to snow.

My son and I were daydreaming about how we'd want a snowfall to occur and how school would get called off. So I'm with you on the "stay home winter love!"

Daniella said...

The streets were full of maniacs! I had a guy laying on his horn behind me at an intersection because I refused to turn left super fast in all that snow and cut of oncoming traffic. All so he could get to Moore's parking lot... ridiculous!

I'm with you on the quiet, pretty country winter setting :)

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Wow you did get some snow! We finally got some snow in Chicago yesterday. It was nice. Especially since I had the day off from work. Mother nature can give me her best shot, but I prefer it on the weekends, please. Happy new year!

Nina said...

Happy New Year!

Aaawww! I just love it when everything is covered in snow, it looks so peaceful. Here it's just bitter cold but no snowflakes in sight...

Carla said...

HI Kinga, Wow you really are in winter. Paris is joking compared to this. I adore your pics and I love the two tones. White and trees.. Wishing you a fab 2012.. Carla

Kinga said...

Lauren - Ooooh yes! Snowdays are the best. By far my favourite days when I was a kid...to get to stay home from school because there was lots of snow!

Daniella - People are crazy impatient I find! There must have been something really urgent at Moores...

Michelle - A wintry day off sounds so nice right about now! Lucky you!

Nina - Happy new year to you as well. Hope you had a nice holiday!

Carla - Thanks! It seems to come and go, our winter...it gets really cold and snows, then it gets really mild and slushy! These photos are a bit over-exposed with white balance being off but there is something endearing about them...I was playing around mostly and snapped some black and white ones simultaneously...those are fun! I hope 2012 is off to a great start!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...