Jan 1, 2012

Progress...













































































Hello and happy New Year to you! Did you have a nice time celebrating the start of another year? I'm really looking forward to all 2012 has to offer and excited to take on new challenges and creative endeavours. If I were to choose a word to define the upcoming year it would be progress because I plan to make much of it. I don't do resolutions and instead approach a new year with a plan...it's really just the same plan that has been in motion for a few years I just tweak it and add to it and cross off things that I've already accomplished...

Anyway, for Christmas I inherited some fabulous vintage camera equipment from my father in law (as you can see from the photos above), and when I pulled out the box of various other camera equipment I have acquired over the years I came across a bunch of exposed rolls of film that never got developed. The funny thing is I have no idea when I took these, how old they are, what's on them...I haven't got the slightest idea. I knew they existed and I have just been putting off getting them developed and now so much time has passed that I can't even guess at what might be hiding in these little canisters.

So, I'm starting the new year with clearing out the clutter and making room for my new old equipment, a 1954 Kodak Brownie Bull's Eye and a Canon AE-1 manual from the late seventies, and I'm also developing those rolls from years gone by...if that's not progress I don't know what is!

If there is anything worth sharing in there, I promise I will, and I also found some 620 film for that Brownie online so I'll be putting it to use. When I opened it up I was surprised to find a spool still in it which should make this little cutie fully functional...but we'll find out I guess! Now I just have to find a place that develops 620 film...hmmm...if only I had a darkroom...

So cheers to clearing out clutter, making room for new possibilities and of course making some serious progress!

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject...ps. does anyone know where I could get 620 film developed?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Those old rolls of film remind me of your postcards...potential treasures! Have fun!

Tracey Fisher said...

I have a brownie camera stored away at my dad's. You've reminded me all about. I must check on it...this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...