Jan 27, 2012

The sketchbook project...sneak peek...

























My time with The Sketchbook Project is almost up. I am mailing it out today and I admit I will be very sad and kind of nervous to see it go. I have really been enjoying filling the pages with all kinds of craziness.

At first I had a plan for this book...I chose the "monochromatic" theme and I wanted to fill it with my best work but then I realized it is a sketchbook like any other and probably shouldn't be getting any kind of special treatment (how unfair would that be?) so instead I filled it with experiments. I did collages, painted some pages, drew with ink on others. I explored a lot and let go of my own expectations...

In the end, it has turned out just like all of my other sketchbooks; a small inventory of the veritable nonsense that is in my head...one day last week I even pulled it out to scribble a to-do list...

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

5 comments:

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Looks amazing! Did you use paint for that red page? I'm using only colored pencils and pen so far, because I am worried I'll make a big see-through warped mess on the next page. But, if you used paint maybe I can give that a try too.

Your swirly clouds put my swirly clouds to shame, haha! But, I do think it's funny we both have a page of swirly clouds. Great minds think alike. :-P

Kinga said...

Michelle - Thank You!...Those swirly clouds are actually in an older Moleskine sketchbook so they are not part of the sketchbook project:( ...and yes it is red paint on that page...if you use a light body acrylic paint it should be fine. You'd be surprised, those pages are pretty sturdy and don't bleed...

Happy sketching!

Kate said...

I LOVE this! Your sketchbooks are amazing!

Hilary Inspired said...

I read about this project quite a while ago and thought it was interesting. How wonderful that you actually took the initiative and participated!! It looks like a truly fascinating collection of thoughts and ideas!

Anna said...

I love your experiments! It is really inspiring. Where do you get your ideas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...