Mar 4, 2012

Don't you...forget about me...



















































Oh. Hey there. How are you doing? I’ve been away from this space for so long it ‘s a bit weird putting together a post...Type fingers! Type!...

So where have I been? That’s a good question...I was abducted by aliens, they took me to the mother-ship and made me recite poems from “Where The Sidewalk Ends”. When they finally released me I got stuck in a time warp...again...only to be rescued by a guy named Brad who told me he was really famous but I didn’t believe him because he was wearing a helmet and driving a lawnmower...true story...

I’m not really sure.  On the first day of the year I mentioned that instead of resolutions I like to make a plan for the year ahead and I guess that’s where I have been. Making plans and finishing up some projects to make room for new things this year (but that sounds a lot like resolutions...ha). Anyway, I also decided to take a break from a few of my ventures because I realized I had too much going on and that’s not healthy...I have been painting a lot, drawing some, taking photos, working on prints for the shop and sweating it out in hot yoga with the best of them. I feel like I have told you all this before (blah blah blah)  and that’s probably because I’ve been in this space for a while now...at the fork in the road, where I let everything go quiet, where I want to just...hibernate...or ride off into the sunset on a lawnmower holding a boom-box blaring “Don’t you...forget about me”...

And you think you have problems?

Photo...by me, painting...also mine...I call it a work in progress.

4 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

lol.. I am riding that same mothership.. and all i want to do is hibernate.

Julia Vrabec said...

Yay! You are back! I heart you!

Hilary Inspired said...

Haha! We haven't forgotten you Kinga!! Glad to have you back. As always, beautiful photograph and awesome painting!

Theresa / inspirationCOOPERATIVE said...

I can definitely relate to this feeling. I grow through surges and spurts of wanting to be very social. Then, I get overwhelmed with the responsibility that comes with being social and then want to retreat. The blog has definitely helped me work through these periods. At the end of the day, you just have to do what feels right for you. Your offline projects definitely sound like the right thing to nurture and give attention.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...