Mar 12, 2012

Spring fever...


























It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  
Mark Twain

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here so we took advantage of the nice weather by going for a walk. I wore flip-flops for the first time (gasp) and felt such a sense of...freedom! How ridiculous is that? I wanted to skip down the sidewalk with elation because it felt like a great weight had been lifted. 

I do admit that maybe it was a bit too soon considering that the sidewalks are still covered in salt from our last "snow event" and sadly I did get some strange looks of judgement from people but it's not like I was taking a leisurely stroll down the street in my birthday suit...for sobbing out loud...it was only a pair of flip flops! Anyway, I always wonder what it would be like to live in a place that doesn't get a change of seasons. I don't think I would like it! As much as I gripe about winter if we didn't have it we wouldn't know this feeling of renewal and lightness when it finally ends...

Photos: by me, Kinga Subject

1 comment:

Anna said...

Especially during times like these, when I'm really, really waiting for it to get warmer in the air - then I wish I could live in seasonless southern France.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...