Mar 22, 2012

Summer in March...



Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom - Margaret. E. Sangster 

The past three days have been completely heavenly around here as we continue to break record temperatures. Honestly, we are having summer in March and you will never bust me complaining about that. I do celebrate cautiously though because I am partly pessimistic and keep expecting to wake up to piles of snow  (don't act like you don't have doubts). Weirder things HAVE happened...Snooki "wrote" a BOOK...and people actually BOUGHT IT! I now know what it takes to be a "New York Times Bestselling Author" and PEOPLE, I'm doing it all wrong!

Anyway, I'm ready for things to bloom and I'm noticing buds on trees and I'm scared because "what if there's a snowstorm?" but grateful because I can wear flip-flops and chat up my neighbours in the elevator about how scared I am that it will SNOW! It's all a vicious cycle really and I should probably stop obsessing about it and just enjoy summer in March. Hopefully we won't get winter in May...but like I said...weirder things HAVE happened... 

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject 

5 comments:

Daniella said...

It can't snow! Hahaha... i'm choosing to believe that it's officially Spring and Winter has said see ya! It's just beautiful out there!

Nina said...

I'm so loving the early Spring right now but I still can't believe that winter is gone for good. The blooming flowers and the warm sun make me so happy!

Tracey Fisher said...

Beautiful shots. I am down south and for the first time I am jealous of you all up north. I just keep thinking I should be cleaning up my garden and I agree there is a fear that looms behind all of this good weather. I always think it messes up all the little animals' lives if they go ahead and get ready for spring only to have a freeze out!

Michelle * Viva Revival said...

Beautiful! We've been having wonderful weather here today. Even a little too hot at times. But, today is back to winter!

Lauren said...

Beautiful photos, as always, Kinga. We're back to spring today, but we've been having summer in March (91 degrees last week) too. My worry is not of snowstorms but of a brutally hot summer instead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...