Apr 24, 2012

Tuesday flowers...






















































It has been cold and dreary around here so I picked up a bouquet of really bright flowers the other day to bring some colour and cheer to our place. When I was paying for them at the store the girl behind the counter asked me if I wanted them wrapped and I happily bragged to her that there was no need because the flowers were for me. She seemed surprised which made me wonder if other people buy flowers for themselves. Sure, it's maybe a bit self indulgent to give yourself flowers but what rule book says that flowers must be given or received as a gift?

Either way, whenever there are flowers in the house I can't help but take a photo. I probably have every bouquet of flowers I've ever received (either from myself or someone else) documented in a photograph. With this particular bunch I got crazy with washi tape and fixed the flowers to our windows which yielded the dreamy results above...pretty fun right?

So how about you? Do you buy yourself flowers?

Photos by: me, Kinga Subject

2 comments:

Tina Riddell said...

I always buy flowers for myself, I cannot look at out dining room table without flowers on it!

I think everyone should buy a bunch of flowers for themselves each week!

Theresa / inspirationCOOPERATIVE said...

Yes, I always buy myself flowers! If it makes you happy, I say why wait for someone to buy them for you. Like you, I love taking photos of flowers. I never get tired of taking photos of flowers or looking at other people's photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...