May 10, 2012

Insta-prints on a Thursday...
















On monday I went out and bought myself a little something...well it's actually kind of big. I finally picked up a Fujifilm Instax 210 and it is possibly the best thing I have bought...ever! I have been craving an insta-print camera for a long long time, hesitating in antique shops over old Polaroid cameras trying to convince myself that I don't need one, that I'm not meant to have one, that I...I shouldn't...

When I first broke this bad boy out of its box I was blown away immediately! It is HUGE! No seriously, it is gargantuan...which is obviously something I wasn't expecting and I realize that I should have been expecting it considering this thing prints a four inch by three inch picture! I debated between this one and the mini which prints a credit card sized photo and I'm glad that in the end I chose this one!

As you can see we are getting along well. I took these shots today and now all I want to do is release a shutter and wait for an image to magically appear from the great white abyss! To say I'm addicted to this thing is a HUGE understatement! I would say it was money well spent!

I ran out of light to photograph my new beast of a camera but I will show you all of its glory tomorrow...until then here's a photo of someone holding the same cam....now do you get it? And of course Lindsay also has one that she uses to hide from the paparazzi...it's OBVIOUSLY working.

Photos by me (and The Beast)....if you're reading this post a second time you may notice I deleted the chunk where I tell you about naming this camera...I hate the name we initially settled on....a new name is in the works...although I like "The Beast"

4 comments:

Chi @ Carousel said...

Jealous! I've wanted one for ages!! It IS a beast but its a loveable one and it takes such great photos.

I must admit, I also like the sound of the teensy credit-sized photos ....

Aaah, decisions, decisions ..... :)

Kinga said...

@Chi - Ha ha...I had a hard time deciding and almost took this one back...the credit card sized prints are stunning too! Definitely hard to choose!

Daniella said...

OMG, lol... when you said big I didn't think THAT big. That is awesome!! I have to see this in action soon, lol. We'll have to meet up again somewhere for a little photography expedition this time!

Kinga said...

Daniella - Sounds like a plan to me...I need to make a satchel for that beast or a better strap so I can carry it comfortably lol! Let's make a date!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...