Aug 1, 2012

Pep-talk...













Hello friends...orange ya glad it's wednesday? Yes...I went there. Today I guess cheesy does it and let me tell you....it ain't easy being cheesy! Apparently this is the point I've reached this summer with all the craziness going on; I'm borrowing punch lines from knock-knock jokes to fill empty spaces. This I guess is the point one reaches when her Inspiration takes a hike with her other good friends Creative Thinking and Ability to Form a Coherent Sentence. With those three gone I find that I have been left with blank space; the inability to give answers to simple questions like "Want sugar in your coffee?" and an overwhelming urge to respond to EVERYTHING with "Whatever floats your canoe".

 I didn't intend this post to go this way, because lately I have been sounding like a broken record and you must be getting tired of me...but then I thought I'd share anyway because sometimes it makes me feel good to know that someone else is also going through a similar creative block. So if you and I are in the same canoe let's paddle this thing together...

I guess the first step to overcoming this is ...MOVE ON! So, this is the last of my whining about a lack of inspiration...but isn't that the way it always goes...you start to feel less than inspired and then you start telling yourself a story about how uninspired you feel and then your head is filled with a mental movie about the end of your creative life and you find yourself telling the mail-man about how ridiculously uninspired you are... STOP IT!. Pick up a pencil, a camera, a freakin' rolling pin and get to work....  

3 comments:

Amanda Keenan said...

Nicely said! I think we all go through it... and self-doubt comes into play a bit there too...

I sometimes wonder if I just tricked people into thinking I was creative this whole time, and now they're gonna find out! I totally know what you mean... but somehow it passes, in one way or another. :)

Chi@106 said...

Worrying about lack of inspiration is like worrying about not being able to sleep. The more you will it to happen, the more stressed you get. The more stressed you get, the less the likelihood of it happening.

Do things that make you feel happy and go easy on yourself. It'll come! :)

Aine Teahan said...

Great post Kinga! I know exactly what you mean. I used to freak a bit when I was going through one of those creative ruts. I'm a little kinder to myself now as I know these creative lulls always pass and sometimes I think we appreciate the creative flow so much more having experienced a rut. But rest assured that every creative person has these moments....you are most certainly not alone :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...