Jan 4, 2013

Fuji Instax-Mini and a new favourite place...






Hello and happy Friday! I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be back at this blogging thing...I've missed this place!

While I have been away, not too much has changed...as you can tell I am still obsessing over instant-print photography and have a new "toy" with which to indulge my insta-madness! This little cutie is the Fuji-Film Instax Mini (the baby sister to my much much bigger Instax 210). It prints a credit-card sized photo (amazing!), and I am completely smitten! My brother and sister-in-law surprised me with this package at Christmas and thank goodness they did because I felt too guilty buying it for myself, although all signs were pointing to the inevitability of me doing just that. 

I put her to use at Honey Bake Shop today which also happens to be my new favourite shop in the region...I have been eating clean for a while now and have been avoiding baking, baked goods and all things sugar but this shop is so darn cute from the outside and I have been intrigued by the gorgeous signage for a while, so in I ventured, and now I can't stop thinking about their decadent cupcakes and mouth-watering macarons. The graphic designer in me loves the branding of this shop; everything from the logo to that delicious honey-comb pattern is so well put-together. The atmosphere inside is tranquil and warm. The staff is kind (and generous with samplings) and even the patrons were chatty and sweet. A place has to be pretty special if it lifts your spirit and sends you on your way smiling, which is exactly what I was doing...from ear to ear. 

If you're in the Uptown Waterloo area in the near future, head to Honey Bake Shop, you will not be disappointed I promise...and I highly recommend the raspberry champagne cupcake! 

Photos: by me, with appreciation to Honey Bake Shop staff for allowing me to go snap happy...

1 comment:

Daniella C said...

I recognize that honeycomb design! lol. Such a cute little shop! I believe the owner is a graphic design grad from conestoga too (hence the awesome branding!). My co-worker went to school with her. I have to make another visit out to that shop soon no that i've moved. Pretty pics Kinga!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...