Jan 14, 2013

Slow as molasses...




Have you ever had the kind of weekend where going into it you have all these plans and a carefully organized to do list and at the end of it you are left wondering "Where did that weekend go?". This past weekend was like that for me. It was really grey and rainy around here and time seemed to go in slow motion. These kind of days always make me want to cozy up inside with a cup of tea and a good book...with pyjamas on and my favourite slippers...and soft blankets...and puppy snuggles...You get the point. I didn't want to do anything, but that wasn't at all possible, of course, because I had a ton of errands and a lot of work ahead of me. 
 
On Sunday, after getting a few things done, I decided that I was in the mood to bake. I made these molasses spice cookies which I now realize were an apt choice because by the end of the weekend I was moving as slow as molasses...
 
Here's hoping for a more productive week ahead...
 
Photos by me

1 comment:

Daniella C said...

Oh my gosh, those look so thick and chewy and delicious! Sometimes a slow baking weekend is necessary :) We didn't even leave the house on Sunday, spent it clearing out boxes in the basement finally since we moved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...